I have to admit I love, love breakfast. I can eat breakfast at any time of the day and I will be satisfied. When I don’t cook at home usually my favorite place to eat is IHOP (International House of Pancakes) but I don’t go for the pancakes… I must have their stuffed french toast topped.
Yesterday, I stopped by and had my usual meal…bacon, egg whites, hash browns and stuffed french toast with strawberries and whipped cream. But maybe next time I may just stay at home and try it myself. (maybe one day…but not now).
If you like stuffed french toast here is a great recipe for you to try.
INGREDIENTS- Serves 6:
- 1 Loaf of French Bread
- 4 Eggs
- Splash of milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 (24.2 oz) tub of Philadelphia Ready to Eat Cheesecake Filling
- Fresh or frozen strawberries (topping)
- Whipped cream
- Slice bread into 1?-thick slices.
- Beat eggs in a bowl with milk.
- Dip the bread slices into the egg batter.
- Add a few pats of butter to a skillet and allow it to melt.
- Fry bread 2–3 minutes on each side until slightly brown.
- Put a few tablespoons of the cheesecake filling on one piece of the toast.
- Top with another slice.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries or canned strawberry pie filling.
- Top with whipped cream.
Recipe via Netplaces.com